Saturday, July 25, 2009

Amsterdam at night

Amsterdam at night is pretty amazing. All the canals with lights reflecting off of the water. The solitude and quiet the night brings with the occasional pedestrian's feet walking on the cobblestones and the soft rickety sounds of the bikes taking their riders wherever they want to go. At least that is what I heard when I was walking in and around the Jordaan district.

I stayed in the Jordaan district at a great hotel, Hotel Van Onna. It is sparse and not big on frills, but it is well situated and really inexpensive compared to the rest of the area. Plus the breakfasts were filling. Music to my ears. The below photos were all taken within 10 blocks or so of my hotel.

Either along the Keizersgracht or the Prinsengracht:







On the Raadhuisstraat:



The westerkerk:
from the corner of Raadhuisstraat and Prinsengracht



both of these are from Bloemstraat and Prinsengracht


from Bloemgracht less than a block from my hotel.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

These are awesome photos, Sara!! Just stunning. See you in Sweden soon!!!!