Monday, December 05, 2005

Like a lamb to the slaughter

That is how I feel about finally starting a blog. I have compulsive tendencies and so I am a bit afraid that I will either become addicted to the whole experience of writing a blog or else will just become too consumed with my feelings of my verbal and written inadequacy and not write at all. Let the bets begin to guess which it is. As for me, I don't know. I hope it will be somewhere in between. If I can master the blog, maybe I can save some money on my therapy bills.

5 comments:

aisy said...

i could be your therapist for a small fee ;)

actually, i'm more complusive in reading other blogs now than writing my own... thanks a lot for adding one more to get sucked in to... now i need to see my therapist!

Rebus said...

great stuff! aah, now i know i am not the only insecure blogger. hey, aisy, does it get better?

for some reason unlike real life i could care less what people think of me but blogging feels more revealing to me... like i have just flashed the entire online community and am open to endless criticism. hmm...time will tell.

aisy said...

i wouldn't worry too much about it. the truth is, the people that keep coming back are likely family and friends, so they're not so likely to be critical. so type away and throw caution to the wind! hope that helps reeeebs (has a fun ring to it, doesn't it?

Sara said...

Luckily, I have good insurance and so I only have to pay a co-pay. But I think writing may be a good way for me to get things down. If I leave my job at some point and am without insurance, then I may take you up on the offer:)

I have lived too long being afraid of looking foolish and always trying to appear confident and self-assured.

Ninny Beth said...

I had no idea!!!! I didn't know!!!! you have a blog. welcome. welcome.