Monday, January 09, 2006

obsessions

If I had a bottomless pit of money, marketers would love me. I get easily wrapped up in the packaging and in all the gloss and superficiality of products. But since I do live on a feeble attempt of a budget, I don't often do anything about the obsession this marketing generates and when I do, years have usually gone by. However, I finally fed an obsession by getting my video iPod on Friday afternoon. Although I haven't played with it much, I LOVE IT. The biggest draw amongst my friends to it has been the "Lazy Sunday" video/rap from SNL. So much so that a certain someone, who shall remain un-named, and I watched/listened to it during the opening song of relief society at church. Bad I know. But hey, at least were in class. That in itself, is a minor miracle.

3 comments:

aisy said...

oh man, you're going to hell for that one...

i love my ipod, although i have last generations. it is bliss......

Adam said...

Lazy Sunday is my favorite clip on my iPod (except for maybe episodes of The Office and Lost). Lovestrong and NinnyBeth have already watched Lazy Sunday on my iPod (notice the name dropping?)

I bought 33 videos from iTunes last night. Took forever to download.

Sara said...

iTunes is deadly on the wallet. It is so easy to come up for air and realize you have just spent $50 or more. Kind of like going to Costco.