Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh, that's amore!

As if I didn't already love my TiVo prior to this month with the Olympics and my ability to watch pretty much everything televised in the US reminded me of it. But imagine my surprise and pleasure to discover one more reason to love my TiVo...the internet.

Yep, I can access select internet sites through my TV courtesy of TiVo. Currently offered are Yahoo sites, Fandango, 1000's of streaming radio stations, a few games, podcasts and more. Plus, if I can figure out how to get the URL numbers from other favorite sites, I can add them to my list. I don't hold out much hope for the last happening as I can't figure out how to add links to this blog, but one can always dream.

I really don't know why I love this as much as I do. I mean, it isn't as though I don't have wireless internet on my laptop, have iTunes, have a stereo system, my cell phone and it's internet access. Maybe it is the fact that the tv screen is significantly larger than my little 12' laptop. Now if only I can get someone to give me back Arrested Development. I still hold out that it will reappear. I will not remove it from its #1 spot on my Season Pass list.

3 comments:

aisy said...

i might have some good news for you regarding arrested development... but it relates to my happy blog week, so i'll have to keep you in suspsense. adding links is super easy. i'll email ya!

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Hey McOllie,

I answered your link question in a comment on my blog after you asked it. Look back there if you want. And yes, I miss AD too, I have the first 2 seasons on DVD if you ever feel the need.

Ruthie said...

Keep enjoying the simple things in life, McOllie. TV in English in any form sounds incredibly luxurious to me right now.