Friday, March 31, 2006

How many is too many?

So I get into work today and talk to a coworker about her new jeans. She informs me she had to buy them a couple weeks ago when she was at the beach because she only had 2 pairs of jeans and was going to be there for 4 days. I thought she was joking about her "need" to go shopping before I realized she seriously felt like she had to have a separate pair of jeans for each day. (If she knew this about herself, why didn't she take more pairs?) What I found even weirder is that all the other women in the office think this was normal.

Is it really normal to wear jeans only 1 time and then wash them, even if you are on vacation? I knew that I kind of do my own thing, but wearing my jeans more than once I thought was more a standard practice. I must confess I usually only wash mine when they either stretched out too much or else I spilled something on them.

How many times do you wear your jeans before washing them?

4 comments:

aisy said...

miss sara... i'm with you on that one. it's not as if you have to wash them each time, but i realize some folks are compulsive washers. i hate laundry so wouldn't want to add more work (i do not wear dirty clothes though)

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Yep, I'm the same. I wear them lots of times before washing them. Not sure why since I wash shirts and other pants each time I wear them. Must be the rugged, Levi's, goldminer, cowgirl heritage of jeans.

And I don't wash Sunday clothes each time either, 3 hours of sitting does not make stinky clothes.

Sara said...

I remember in college feeling proud that I could go a month without having to do laundry. I think it stems from having to go to the laundromat.

Tamara said...

me too! i only have ONE pair that fits right now.
booty needs a new pair of jeans. maybe i should take a trip to go buy some...