Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Men in uniforms

Men in uniforms have always been a mixed back for me. I don't usually like guys in uniforms that require them to carry guns. Not because I am against guns, but I just wasn't raised around them. I work with a woman who goes crazy whenever the local firemen go to the deli next door for lunch. We get a lot of them as the Training Center for the Portland Fire Bureau is a couple blocks away. I mean she goes nuts. She has pretended to go out and get the mail in the pouring rain just so she could see them better.

Well, today I gotta say I kind of get it now. I helped a friend by being a "parent chaperone" for her constitutional law class field trip today. After observing some arraignment hearings, a civil breach of contract between a Freightliner Auto Dealer and Bank of America and a robbery trial we decided to head up to our final courtroom. One of the kids wanted to specifically hear this next case because his dad is an attorney and plays pool with the judge. Weird reason, I know, but then we all found out it was a prostitution case. Suddenly, each of the 6 kids I was watching wanted to see it.

I should say that up to this point, everything was pretty interesting and diverse. But the prostitution case made the whole trip extra fun for me. Not because I know that many, well any, prostitutes, nor do I ever expect to go into that profession (thankfully). The real reason is that I got my eye candy in for the day. The officers testifying in the case were both pretty attractive men, but man oh man, one of them just was beautiful to watch. Lucky for me, I had the opportunity to unabashedly watch him for 10+ minutes.

I was talking with them after their testimonies until my friend met me. I felt justified in my opinion when, as we left, she just said "oh my". Yeah, it was the icing on an already really good cake of a morning.

4 comments:

aisy said...

last week it was "career week" where i worked and they had all sorts of professionals walking the hall. i saw some sort of military hot guy and my knees felt weak. seriously, i don't want to marry a man in uniform but gosh, they can be damn sexy...

Sara said...

I told my friend that I don't normally go for the whole cop thing, but to quote a certain friend who shall remain unnamed, (unless she wishes to be named), "I don't know what his name is, I just call him Daaamnnn!"

Hey, It's Ansley said...

That was me!!!! And yes, I still blush when I think about the time I said that phrase in a loud room so I was pretty much yelling and right when I got to the "Daaaamnn!" part, the room got quiet and everyone turned to look as I yelled it in a now quiet room.

I have to agree that guys in uniforms can be a very good look. Normally I like softer, kinder, gentler guys, but I think it goes back to a primal desire for masculine guys, someone who works with his hands and could throw you over his shoulder.

Being in nursing school, I happen to think guys in scrubs is a good look too. Especially when they have on a mask and cap in surgery and then take those off and WOW! This happened last year with a guy I can only now describe as a Greek god and I had no idea for the 5 hours of surgery we were together.

If you like firefighters, the guys at the station near Saturday Market are usually out washing the engines on Sat morning; I'm not a stalker!

Sara said...

Of course you're not, Ansley. Can you help it if you notice them when you are down at the market? Is it bad that I have noticed the firefighters at the station by my neighborhood library are NEVER out washing the trucks?